Job Code/Level : ND1 Position Title : Legal and Contracts Supervisor
Reports To : Legal and Contracts Superintendent
Department : Finance & Admin
Location : Marampa
Roster : If based in Sierra leone, 5 days week and alternate Saturdays. If relocating to Sierra Leone, on a rotational shift schedule of nine weeks duty in Sierra Leone. The following three weeks will be outside Sierra Leone on duty for the Employer or on leave during this time.
The Company :
The company is an iron ore project (the “Company”) located in Sierra Leone and is a fully owned subsidiary of a leading private global commodity trading group (the “Group”).
- Seeking a solicitor qualified in England or equivalent Common Law / Commonwealth jurisdiction with at least 5 PQE to work in the Company.
- Responsibilities will mainly be reviewing and drafting policies, procedures and commercial documents, and in ensuring consistent management of specific proposals and assigned contracts. This generally includes oversight of the contract management process, as well as assisting the Legal and Contracts Management Superintendent with improving specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and document management. Strong experience will be required in this field of contract management, and particularly as it relates to the mining industry.
- This position will be based in Sierra Leone and the candidate will report to the Legal and Contracts Management Superintendent.
- Complying with all company policies and procedures as well as legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the Company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function;
- Supporting Legal and Contracts Management Superintendent on contractual and policy matters;
- Evaluation and risk assessment on contract conditions and tender
- Prepare and perform the sampling for shift, daily, weekly, mid-month and month end inventory according to its planning.
- Implementing and maintaining the electronic contract filing system for each assigned contract and maintain both hard copies and electronic copies of contract documentation;
- Ensure proper archiving of all contract documentation at contract close-out;
- Administering the execution of assigned contracts;
- Generating and issuing amendments to cover all changes to contracts;
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of all contract files, records and registers;
- Ensure proper record keeping on all assigned contracts to mitigate any potential contractual claims and commercial risks identified in the contract risk register;
- Responsible for conducting and documenting analysis of contractual claims;
- Facilitating the adjudication of contractual claims and initiating Contract
Variations once the claim has been accepted by all parties concerned;
- Coordinate contractor’s claims against project insurance;
- Coordinating back charges on contractors;
- Closing out contracts against close-out checklists;
- Releasing bonds and retentions;
- Provide input into contractors’ performance to Data Bank.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience :
- Solicitor qualified in England or equivalent Common Law / Commonwealth jurisdiction with at least 5 years PQE
- Experience in administration of complex commercial contracts.
- Specific mining experience an advantage.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, work efficiently under pressure and
consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and in writing) with the ability to
communicate at all levels.
- Any international experience would be looked upon favourably
- Permanent after 3-month trial period.
- Market rate according to the candidate profile. For expats, return tickets at the end of each rota.
To apply please drop your CV in the HR box in SL Mining Information Centre in Lunsar or you can email your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 31st July 2019
Women are encouraged to apply