Job Code/Level : Below Supervisory Position Title : Plant Mechanic
Reports To : Plant Mechanic supervisor
Location: Marampa Mines, Site – Lunsar No. of Positions: 10 (Ten)
The company is an iron ore project (the “Company”) located in Sierra Leone and is a fully owned subsidiary of a leading private global commodity trading group (the “Group”).
Role and purpose:
The Plant Mechanic will fabricate, fit, and assemble the structural components of various mechanical systems in the Process Plant. We are seeking to hire a motivated and skilled Plant Mechanic. The chosen candidate will be in charge of maintaining precise records of all maintenance work performed, fixing broken mechanical systems, and smoothing off any rough edges on the manufactured components with grinders, hand files, and scrapers. The person must be able to work co-operatively on significant projects with other Fitters.
- Analysing the blueprints for mechanical systems to determine the specifications of the components to be constructed.
- Constructing structural components from raw materials.
- Using welding equipment to fuse structural components.
- Inspecting fabricated components to ensure that they are the correct size.
- Utilizing shears, power saws, cutting torches, and chipper knives to cut structural components as needed.
- Creating a suitable maintenance schedule and performing system maintenance
- Conducting diagnostic testing on malfunctioning systems to determine the root cause of the malfunction.
- Replacing damaged or defective structural components as needed.
- Adhering to all work-site safety rules and regulations
- Trade exposure to this industry
- Tests each conductor to identify corresponding conductors in adjoining cable sections, according to electrical diagrams and specifications, to prevent incorrect connections between individual communication circuits or electric power circuits, using test lamp or bell system.
- Cleans, tins, and splices corresponding conductors by twisting ends together or by joining ends with metal clips and soldering each connection.
- Covers conductors with insulating or fireproofing materials.
- Fits lead sleeve around cable joint and wipes molten lead into joints between sleeve and cable sheath to produce moisture proof joint.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
Working as a Driver comes with a high level of responsibility so prospective employee need to be able to demonstrate:
- National diploma or Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Appropriate state certification in a related field of study
- Proven experience working as a Plant fitter.
- Sound knowledge of local and state building codes.
- The ability to use hand and power tools.
- The ability to interpret blueprints for mechanical systems.
- The ability to concentrate for extended periods.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional mechanical skills
How to Apply:
Please forward your application to
Marampa Mines Ltd. Human Resources Desk via the main entrance gate of the Mine site, Lunsar or e-mail: MMLRecruitment@marampamines.com
Closing date for all applications is 28th October 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply