Job Code/Level : ND1 Position Title : Quantity Surveyor
Reports To : Legal and Contracts Superintendent
Department : Finance & Admin
Location: Marampa Roster:5 days week and alternate Saturdays
The company is an iron ore project (the “Company”) located in Sierra Leone and is a fully owned subsidiary of a leading private global commodity trading group (the “Group”).
Seeking a qualified quantity surveyor with at least 5 years PQE. Responsibilities will mainly be in ensuring consistent management of specific assigned contracts. This generally includes oversight of the contractual and commercial management process and document management. Strong experience will be required in this field, particularly as it relates to the mining industry.
This position will be based in Sierra Leone and the candidate will report to the Legal and Contracts Management Superintendent.
- Complying with all company policies and procedures as well as legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function;
- Supporting Legal and Contracts Management Superintendent on contractual and commercial matters;
- Commercially administer assigned contracts in accordance with the contract terms and conditions;
- Update monthly cost tracking tools to ensure consistent and precise reporting;
- Implementing and maintaining the electronic contract filing system for each assigned contract and maintain both hardcopy and electronic copies of contract documentation;
- Generate contractual Monthly Progress Payment Certificates from agreed work progress measurements;
- Ensure proper archiving of all contract commercial documentation at contract close-out;
- Ensure proper record keeping on all assigned contracts to mitigate any potential contractual claims and commercial risks identified in the contract risk register;
- Responsible for conducting and documenting commercial analysis of contractual claims;
- Facilitating the adjudication of contractual claims;
- Coordinating back charges on contractors;
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum have a professional qualification / degree in QS, Economics,
Construction Management, or Engineering.
- Qualified quantity surveyor with at least 5 years PQE.
- Experience in multiple disciplinary quantity surveying.
- Specific mining experience an advantage.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, work efficiently under pressure and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Must be computer literate, specifically working with MS Office Packages.
- Excellent negotiations and communication skills (both verbally and in writing) with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Analytical skills associated with developing and utilizing performance measures and cost savings.
- Work autonomously with direct Supervision.
- Any international experience would be looked upon favourably.
- Permanent after 3-month trial period.
- Market rate according to the candidate profile.
To apply please drop your CV in the HR box in SL Mining Information Center in Lunsar or you can email your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 31st July 2019
Women are encouraged to apply