Reports To: Chief Mining Engineer Department: Mining
Location: Marampa, Lunsar Roster: 44hrs
- Reporting to the Chief Mining Engineer, the Senior Mining Engineer responsible for managing the short to long term planning functions and systems for the SL Mining and to optimise the mine operational planning and implementation strategy. Additionally, the Senior Mining Engineer shall provide day-to-day management of its direct reports including performance management and career development.
- Perform annual Strategic Planning and high level scheduling and scenario analysis using the mine planning optimisation and scheduling tools.
- Produce the annual detailed Life of Mine Budget Schedule
- Provide data and information to site Management to support plans which have been generated.
- Co-ordinate inputs from Geology, Processing, Mining and Business Senior Staff/Management as required for annual Block Model Optimization and pit shell selection and strategic scenarios as required
- Co-ordinate inputs from Geology, Processing, Mining and Business Senior Staff/Management as required for Annual Cut-off determination.
- Perform annual Reserve/Resource estimation and Reporting.
- Provide Leadership and ownership of the Long Term Planning and Medium Term Planning Block Models including coordinating the handover from Resource Modelers and the validation of data
- Provide 24 month rolling schedules on a 3 monthly basis to ensure that capital development is sufficiently advanced to meet future production targets.
- On a quarterly basis ensure medium term activities are aligned with the long term plan.
- Produce detailed mining budgets and forecasts on financials and physicals to meet objectives.
- Incorporate all relevant regulations and statutory requirements into plans and designs to minimise SL Mining risk exposure and liabilities
- Contribute to the achievement of SL Mining Occupational Health & Safety goals by implementing appropriate programs and processes
- Demonstrate SL Mining values and commitment to safety through business decisions and actions
Expertise Development & Continuous Improvement
- Ensure procedures and practices are applied and identify opportunities for improvement
- Identify business improvement opportunities
- Evaluate and propose optimum solutions for problematic situations (based on accumulated data/information) which threaten the achievement of planned objectives
- Contribute to overall business improvement and profitability by implementing efficiency plans and cost reduction plans where possible within the department whilst supporting organisational objectives and achievement of set targets
- Provide guidance, coaching and technical assistance and support to the Mining team.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the team to identify areas requiring improvement and implement training and coaching measures to ensure employees receive sufficient training enabling them to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Conduct formal career development discussions with employees and identify development opportunities and programs that assist with defining future career progression possibilities.
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental and Social Responsibility practices.
- Ensure every person within team is fit for work.
- Ensure that agreed procedures, safeguards and controls are applied and used.
- Ensure all activities are conducted safely and in accordance with Company standards and procedures
- Ensure hazard management plans are observed.
- Keep statutory and internal reporting as required.
- Active participation to the Health & Safety Committee.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience :
Degree in Mining Engineering from recognized University
Minimum 7 years’ experience in open pit mine planning environment, preferable in bulk commodities such as iron ore and bauxite.
Use of Mining Software (Including GEMS, Surpac, Minesched, Whittle)
- Ability to reflect on what is occurring in order to identify trends and diagnose emerging problems, proactively initiating actions to prevent or overcome problems identified
- Ability to manage a technical department and liaise with peers in other sections
- Contract Mining Management experience very essential
Forward planning; time management; commitment to timeframes; attention to detail; planning and organising; influencing and collaborating, planning, organising and budgeting; driven for results; commercial and contractual acumen; commitment to health and safety protocols
Whittle– Set up the project
Whittle– MOD file- inside out
Whittle– Slopes, converting geotechnical report into Whittle slope domains
Whittle– Work with budget, data extraction, CoG and process cost estimation
Whittle– merger of several block models in one project
Whittle– PAR file, to know the purpose and ways of editing
Whittle– PIL file, to know the purpose
Whittle– MSQ file, to know the purpose
Whittle: Advance Analysis
Whittle – Multimine schedule in whittle for pits ranking
MineSched– inside out. Set up the project, multi pit, stockpiles, various cut-off grades, and scenarios.
MineSched– deep understanding of partial percent model behavior in scheduler, Applying Mining dilution and ore lost in preparation of block models
MineSched– grade control in scheduling
Surpac– Cost coding. Mining costs allocation through expressions or block model’s math. functionality
Surpac– MDL to MOD conversion- inside out, with particular attention to MIK models
Surpac– Block model coding. Introducing constrains, slope zones, recovery and resource category domains
Surpac– Calculated attributes. Mathematical functions with blocks. Expressions
Surpac– Simple re-blocking, area of its utilization
Surpac- Advanced re-blocking, area of its utilization. Aggregate, “non-negative”, filtering by data type and value
Surpac– Deep knowledge of string functionality
Surpac- Deep knowledge of mine design practices: slope strings, gradient, roads, berm/bench design (for OP).
Surpac– MDL file- inside out, setting up, creating attributes, reports
Surpac- MIK model, OK model, partial percent model. Understand the difference, be able to work with any of those
Surpac– Drill&Blast module- inside out
Surpac- solid tools, inside out. Creation and validation of solids and surfaces
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31st May 2019
Women are especially encouraged to apply