Reports To: Snr Surveyor Department: Mining
Location: Marampa, Lunsar Roster: 44hrs
- Surveyor help determine the position, shape and elevation of the Earth’s natural features.
- They also determine property boundaries for parcels of land, building sites, reservoirs, roads and drainage systems.
- Surveyor are required to work outdoors and may work in remote areas for prolonged periods. If employed in mine surveying, they may be required to work underground.
The main functions of the role will include but not be limited to:-
- Clear vegetation and debris so that measurements may be taken;
- transport, assemble, dismantle and maintain surveying equipment
- peg out boundaries and construction works; collect and label samples as directed;
- assist surveyors and/or survey technicians in measuring angles, distances and elevations using tape or steel band, or more sophisticated digital equipment that uses satellite (GPS), radio and light waves;
- Record measurements manually or in an electronic field-data recorder.
- Under the direction of a surveyor place profile poles in an approved manner.
- Place cut and fill profile pegs and fill batter boards in an approved manner.
- Place and concrete control pegs in an approved manner.
- Mark identity tags and place them into concrete correctly.
- Place a level change point into the ground in an approved manner.
- Correctly and accurately set up a GPS Base Station over beacon or peg
- Correctly and accurately set up a level on a tripod. Ensuring the level is placed midway between the back-sight and fore-sight.
- Correctly and accurately set up a Total Station over a steel peg
- Measuring angles and distances using the Total Station
- Measuring and calculation of levels
- Setting out and placing levels
Knowledge, Skills and Experience :
Minimum BECE level, computer skills , good interpersonal skills , mining project experience
- Medical and Mental fitness able to comply with and maintain Company Medical Standards.
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Leadership behaviours
- Presentation of information
- Multi-tasking capability
- Ability to work unsupervised
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31st May 2019
Women are especially encouraged to apply